Terms & Conditions
Dear guest, our goal is to make your stay as pleasant as possible, which includes making sure that you know which services we will provide and what your commitments are. Please read the terms and conditions before entering into the agreement that you will accept with your booking.
Scope of Applicability
1. These Terms and Conditions govern contracts for the rental use of conference rooms, banquet rooms and function rooms in the hotel for the holding of banquets, seminars conferences etc., as well as all other goods and services rendered by the hotel for the customer.
2. The organizer´s general terms and conditions shall apply only if these are previously expressly agreed in writing.
Conclusion of Contract, Parties, Liability
1. For functions, the contract shall come into force upon the hotel´s acceptance (confirmation) of the organizer´s application; these are the parties to the contract.
2. If the customer or individual placing the order is not the organizer or if the organizer hires a commercial agent or promoter, then that party shall be liable vis-à-vis the hotel for all obligations arising from the contract as joint and several debtor together with the customer.
3. The organizer has no right to a specific room or accomodation. Should the room booked not be available, the hotel is obliged to provide equivalent accommodation in house or at another location.
4. The hotel is liable for its obligations set out in the contract. Except in the area typically related to performance provision, this liability is restricted to defective performance attributable to malicious intent or gross negligence on the part of the hotel. Moreover, the organizer is obliged to inform the hotel as soon as possible if an extraordinarily high loss is liable to arise.
A free cancellation of the hotel room is possible 24 hours before arrival, all later cancellations or no-shows will be charged at 100% of the entire stay.
Free cancellation for groups of 5 or more people is possible up to 5 days before arrival. Later cancellations or no-shows will be charged at 100% of the entire stay.
All HotDeal bookings cannot be canceled or changed free of charge.
Services, Prices, Payment
1. The hotel is obligated to provide the services ordered by the organizer and confirmed by the hotel.
2. The organizer is obligated to pay the agreed prices for these services and will settle the invoice, without further written agreement to do so.
3. Reserved rooms are available to the customer starting at 3:00 p.m. If a later arrival has not been agreed upon specifically, he hotel has the right to cancel the reservation after 6:00 p.m. and re-rent the room. Rooms must be vacated and made available to the hotel no later than 11:00 a.m. on the agreed departure date, unless a later departure had been agreed.
4. The agreed prices include applicable value-added tax as required by law. Any changes in the rate of VAT will be paid by the organizer, regardless of the date of the contract.
5. If the period between conclusion and fulfillment of the contract exceeds 180 days, the hotel may raise the contractually agreed price without notice.
6. Hotel invoices not showing a due date are payable and due in full within ten days of receipt. With default of payment, the hotel shall be entitled do demand interest in the amount of 5 percent above the base interest rate set by the Deutsche Bundesbank. The organizer has the right to prove lower, the hotel higher, costs.
7. The hotel is entitled do demand a reasonable advance payment. The amount of the advance payment and payment dates may be agreed in writing in the contract.
8. Vouchers issued by travel companies will only be accepted if an agreement with the company exists or a suitable deposit has been paid. No refund will be given to guests for unused services provided on the voucher.
9. Claims and rights arising from the agreement made with the hotel may only be transferred to third parties with the explicit permission of the hotel.
Repudiation by Hotel
1. If an agreed advance payment is not paid within even after a reasonable grace period set by the hotel, the hotel is entitled to cancel the contract.
2. Moreover, the hotel is entitled to effect extraordinary cancellation of the contract for a materially justifiable cause, e.g. if:
- force majeure or other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible make it impossible to fulfill the contract.
- the event is reserved with misleading or false material facts, such as the identity of the customer or the purpose;
- the hotel has justified cause to believe that use of the hotel´s services might jeopardize the smooth operation of the hotel, its security or public reputation, without being attributable to the hotel´s sphere of control or organization;
- the hired accomodations, areas or rooms are sub-let without the prior written consent of the hotel.
3. The hotel must inform the organizer immediately that they are utilizing their right to cancel.
4. Withdrawal from the contract does not justify any claims for compensation by the organizer except in the case of malicious intent or gross megligence on the part of the hotel.
Repudiation by Organizer
1. Cancellation of the contract by the organizer is possible up to 6 weeks before the start of the function at no cost. With later cancellations, the hotel has the right to charge for its services 80% of the originally agreed price, insofar as it is not possible to rent the rooms to other parties.
2. The deduction of saved expenses is taken into account. The organizer is ag liberty to show that the claim mentioned above was not incurred or not incurred to the amount demanded; the hotel is at liberty to show that a higher claim has arisen.
1. Provisional bookings are binding for both parties. The hotel reserves the right to rent the reserved accommodations and rooms to other parties after the end of the option period.
Changes in Number of Participants and Time of Event
1. A change in the number of participants by more than 5% must be communicated to the hotel no later than five working days before the event; the hotel must give its consent.
2. A reduction of the number of participant by maximal 5% will be taken into account by the hotel in the final bill. If the reduction is higher, the original number of participants less 5% will be charged.
3. In the case of an increase in the number of participants, the actual number will be charged.
4. If the number of participants changes by more than 10% the hotel shall be entitled to recalculate the agreed prices and to exchange the confirmed room reservations, unless this is unreasonable for the organizer.
5. If the event´s agreed starting or ending times change and the hotel agrees to such deviations, the hotel may reasonably charge for the added cost of stand-by service, unless the hotel is at fault.
Bringing of Food and Beverages
The organizer may not bring food or beverages to events. Exceptions must be agreed in writing with the hotel. In such cases, a charge will be made to cover overhead expenses.
Technical Facilities and Connections
1. To the extent the hotel obtains technical and other facilities or equipment from third parties for the organizer at the organizer´s request, it does so in the name of with power of attorney and for the account of the customer. The organizer is liable for the careful handling and proper return of the equipment. The organizer shall indemnify the hotel for all third-party claims arising from the provision of the facilities or equipment.
2. Explicit consent is required for the use of the organizer´s electrical systems on the hotel´s electrical circuit. The organizer shall be liable for malfunctions of, or damage to, the hotel´s technical facilities caused by using such equipment, to the extent that the hotel is not at fault. The hotel may charge a flat fee for electricity costs incurred through such usage.
3. The customer is entitled to use his own telephone, telefax and data transfer equipment with the hotel´s consent.
4. The hotel may charge a connection fee and/or a charge for lost revenue if its own suitable equipment therefore remains unused.
5. Malfunctions of technical or other equipment provided by the hotel will be remedied promptly whenever possible. To the extent the hotel was not responsible for such malfunctions, payment may not be withheld or reduced.
Loss of or Damage to Property brought in
1. The organizer shall bear the risk of damage or loss of objects on exhibit or other items, including personal property, brought into the function rooms or into the hotel. The hotel assumes no liability for loss, destruction, or damage to or of such objects, including any financial damage, with the exception of cases of gross negligence or intent on the part of the hotel.
2. Decoration or decorative material brought in by the organizer must conform to the fire protection technical requirements. The hotel is entitled to demand official evidence thereof. Due to the possibility of damage, the hotel must be asked before objects are assembled or installed.
3. Objects on exhibit or other items that have been brought in must be removed immediately following the end of the event. If the customer fails to do so, the hotel may remove and store such at the organizer´s expense. If the objects remain in the room used for the event, the hotel may charge a reasonable compensation for use for the duration of retention of the room. The organizer is at liberty to show that the cost incurred were lower, the hotel is at liberty to show that a higher claim has arisen.
Organizer´s Liability for Damage
1. The organizer shall be liable for all damage to buildings or furnishings caused by participants of or visitors to the function, employees, other third parties associated with the organizer himself.
2. The hotel may require the customer to provide reasonable security (e.g. insurance, security deposits, sureties).
1. Amendments or supplements to the contract, the application acceptance, or these General Terms and Conditions for Events should be made in written form. Unilateral amendments and supplements by the organizer are invalid.
2. The place of performance and payment is the location of the hotel.
3. For commercial transactions the courts in the location of the hotel shall have one party fulfills the requirements of section 38 paragraph. 1 of the German Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) and does not have a legal domicile in Germany, the court in the location of the hotel has jurisdiction.
4. The contract is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
5. Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions for Events be or become invalid or void, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected thereby.
6. This translation is provided as a courtesy; the wording of the German version is legally binding.